Friday, December 6, 2013

Merry Little Coffee Cups



It's hard to tell the size and scale of things in a picture, so I'll start by telling you these are tiny taster size cups. 
Top Diameter: 2 1/2"
Bottom Diameter: 1 3/4"
Height: 2 3/8"
You've seen them on my blog before,

here, but today I'm going to show you how to make this cute little carrier for them.
 
 
The cups and lids are from www.webstaurantstore.com.
 
Cups - 4oz. Paper Hot Cup 50/ $2.89 order number is 9994W
 
Lids - 4oz. Hot Paper Cup Travel Lid White $4.39 Order number is 999L4W
 

 
So cute with candy or hot chocolate, marshmallows and chocolate shavings, tea bags...the possibilities are endless!  The handle leaves enough room on each side to tuck a gift card in. *Ü*


 
I used Chocolate Chip cardstock.   
  1. Box is 4" x 6-3/4".  Score all 4 sides at 1". 
  2. Cut on two opposite sides of the score lines up to the intersecting score line. 
  3. Cut the corners off on the diagonal to avoid any pesky hang overs and then assemble into a box.
  4. Handle is 1-7/8" x 11".  Score at 1-1/2", 5-1/2" and 9-1/2".  Fold in half and secure with adhesive.
  5. Use the small oval punch to make an hole for carrying.
  6. Fold the flaps out and secure to the inside of the box with Sticky Strip.
 

 
The Designer Series Paper for the outside of the box are cut to (2) 4-1/2" x 3/4" and (2) 1-3/4" x 3/4".


I added the Merry with the Expressions Thinlits to the front, tied up with Cherry Cobbler Bakers Twine and some tiny jingle bells.
 
 

For the month of December, with any $35 or more order to my online store, I'll send you the tutorial for these Holiday Handbags.


12 Days of Christmas 2013 is now available!
Order HERE.
 
 
 
View the new 2013-2014 Stampin' Up! catalog online, and please place your order right HERE
Thank you!
 

10 comments :

  1. CUTECUTECUTE!!!!!! Such a sweet gift, I am in love with these coffee cups! I'll always cherish the skeleton one you gave me that started this OBSESSION WITH ME! Love your Christmas carrier! :) YOU ROCK

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! Thanks so much for the instructions on how to make the carrier! I am in the process of making a bunch of these cups for little giveaways for Christmas, I just love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky .. LOVE YA !!! where did u find the starws I need to buy some of those please. Thanks LOVE THIS idea too... so much.
    U are wonderful.. Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becky, these are just so cute and fun, great instructions and thanks so much for the supply link.merry Christmas from the Rocklin area!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing! What about the straws - are they easy to find?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found the straws at our local scrapbook store. I've seen them at party stores and Wal-Mart. I used one straw and cut it in half for both cups.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is there directions for covering the cup?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these darlin' little cups!! The striped straws are perfect since they look like Candy Canes! Just an FYI, Hobby Lobby has Chevron Striped straws! I was elated to have found them since I did my daughter's Baby Shower in Owls and Chevron! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable! Great idea!! Thanks for the great instructions. Did you use cardstock to cover the cups?

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so cute- thanks for all the info. I shared my project that I did from this inspiration on my blog here. thanks for all the wonderful ideas on your blog. http://bugbites411.blogspot.com/2014/02/where-to-find-mini-coffee-cups.html

    ReplyDelete