Monday, January 23, 2012

3x3 Coffee Cup Cards How-To

What's this? Check it out HERE.



Come on over to Inking Everything With Becky.com, watch the video and get signed up today!



I am home from an awesome Stampin' Up! Leadership in San Antonio, TX. I have pictures to go through and lots to share in the coming days. I received all your e-mails and almost through them all. Seems to be a lot of questions on how to make the 3x3 Valentine Coffee Cup Cards, which is perfect timing since I have that to show you today!



I got a little excited and took this photo before I added the 1/4" strip of cardstock along the middle of the lid and stamped the lipstick on the rim, but you know it goes there, right? You can see it in the photo below. Make sure you add Designer Series Paper to the envelopes. It is a 'wow' little detail!


Packaged in a clear box for BFF.

Four 3x3 coffee cup cards and 4 matching envelopes in the Mocha Morning Specialty Designer Series Paper.


Start with cardstock cut to 6" x 2-1/4". Fold in half to be 3" x 2-1/4".


Lay the cardstock in the paper cutter with the fold line on the cutting track and the open end about 1/2" to the right of the cutting track. That black line on the paper cutter is the 1/2" line.


Cut it off to create the angle of the cup.


Turn the card around to the other side and place the fold line on the cutting track and the open end about 1/2" to the right of the cutting track. This time the fold will be on the bottom and the open side will be on the top.


Cut it off. cover with Designer Series Paper and stamp whatever you want on the inside.

The top piece is Whisper White cardstock size is 2-1/2" x 3/4". Round the bottom 2 corners.

I have an extra 1/4" strip of white cardstock adhered the middle of the 'lid' for extra dimension.

Stamp with the S.W.A.K. stamp in the lipstick shade stamp pad of your choice. I usually use Regal Rose but this time I used Poppy Parade.


6 comments :

  1. Yay! I was really hoping you would show us how to make these adorable cards. Thank you so much Becky! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is so generous of you Becky! Thanks for helping me with the deets! Love ya, Celia

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becky, This is GORGEOUS! Thank you very much for sharing.
    Karina

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute! Grateful that I didn't have to figure it out on my own! Thanks for the details!! Is the "perk up" sentiment from one of the coffee sets?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make fantastic cards ... wonderful and lovely. I look at your blog every day and I love it.
    Warm greetings from Hamburg!

    ReplyDelete