Thursday, December 22, 2011

Elf Shoes How-To- Make

Many of you asked yesterday for a quick how to on the elf shoes, so here you go...



Cut the Top Note die-cut into 4 parts at each point. You'll need a 3/4" punch and the Ornament punch.

Find the 2 straight sides of each piece. Punch half of the 3/4" circle on the top, closest to the 2 straight sides. Next lay the ornament punch on the side and use the neck of the ornament 'hanger' as a guide to position the punch as close to the 3/4" circle as you can get.


Sponge the edges of the shoes with Early Espresso ink and a stampin' sponge.


The toes are 1/2" circle punches of Red Glimmer paper. Bows are 1/8" Grosgrain Ribbon and the socks are 5/8" x 2-1/2" of Holly Berry Designer Series Paper.
_____


Stampin' Up has announced that the stocking punch will not be carried over to the new catalog. Once the inventory is depleted, it will no longer be available.

Get it while it lasts!

The item number for the punch is #120495 and it is $16.95. You can order it through me, or through my SU! website, HERE.



The Stitched Stockings matching stamp set can be found in the Holiday Mini Catalog.

Clear mount item number is #123784 and is $19.95.

The wood mount item # is 123782 and is $27.95.


Don't forget about the Clearance Rack on my SU! website, too! Some items are 80% off!! Check it out HERE!!!


15 comments :

  1. Hi Becky! You're the BEST !! Thanks for sharing how to make the Elf Shoes!! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!! Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this cute little elf shoe tutorial Becky. I will definitely be trying them for next Christmas. (Is it too early to think about that yet?) Enjoy the festive season. Thanks for all your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this tutorial, it makes sense with pictures!!! Really cute design, will definitely try this. Merry Christmas to you and your family Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is brilliantly adorable! I am going to have to kidnap my friends TN die and try it! So cute!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becky,


    YOU'RE THE GREATEST! Thank you for the instructions!!!! Can't wait to make them!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much....

    I'll put it in my favorits... for next christmas..

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for taking the time out to do this tutorial. Found this on your post yesterday and immediately pinned it to Pinterest! love it!! So darn cute. I don't have the ornament punch so will see if I can find something to substitute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so cute. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  9. THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!!! And--I am really doing the happy dance because, for once, I have all the punches, dies, etc-paper--well, that may require a trip to town but still---that Michael's gift card someone gave me is burning a hole in my pocket!; ) Have a wonderful Christmas! Blessings, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  10. I made this card with the resources I have here in Brazil. I also posted the results on my blog. I put their claims. Thanks for sharing. Happy New Year.
    http://neusinhafusco.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow... I just came upon your blog as I was searching for directions for the elf shoes. I've been looking around your blog and I'm in awe! Your cards and projects are wonderful and I'm in awe of all the multiples of so many of your projects you make... like these elf shoe Christmas cards and the post-it note holders, etc. I wish I worked fast enough to do so many multiples of things. Guess it's a good thing that my circle of friends is fairly small! LOL!! Thanks for the elf shoe directions. Now to see about subscribing to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cute is this! I just saw a case of it on SCS and I totally love this! Yu are so creative and I can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own Blog Engine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it Batai

    ReplyDelete
  14. Some truly wonderful work on behalf of the owner of this internet site , perfectly great articles . כפכף מודפס חד קרן

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thong sandals can either be behaved or level.gold havaianas They are in vogue yet look exceptionally easygoing.

    ReplyDelete