Sunday, August 25, 2013

A Little Chalk Talk & Some Adorable Backpacks

Channeling my inner Lorri Heiling here with a copy of her darling Chalk Talk Framelit Candy Pouches.  We made these last week at my local downline meeting.


Chalk Talk Candy Holder

Cut Witches Brew DSP to 2-1/2” x 5-1/2”.  Score at 3-1/2”

Cut Pumpkin Pie Cardstock to 2-3/8” x 3-5/8”

6” Basic Black Chevron ribbon

5” White Baker’s Twine

9” 1/8” Pumpkin Pie Grosgrain


1.      Fold DSP on the score line and place just inside the cutting line of the Chalk Talk Framelit.

2.      Use the Scallop Border Punch on the pocket side.

3.      Adhere the top and bottom of the DSP to the cardstock leaving room for the ribbon to slide underneath.

4.      Place candy in the pocket and tie ribbon attaching the little tag.

5.      Slide a Mini Glue Dot behind the ribbon against the cardstock if needed.

6.      Embellish with a jewel on the exclamation point.

7.      Trim the corners of the cardstock to match the Chalk Talk Framelit.

8.      Punch 1/4” hole in top of candy holder.

9.      Slide ribbon through the hole and pull both sides to the top.  Use the Baker’s Twine to tie the ribbons closed.  Trim ends.

 
 
Look what my downline and friend Penny Smiley made with the same pattern using this month's Paper Pumpkin Kit.  Isn't this adorable?  I'm in love with this little bicycle!
 
Paper Pumpkin Promotion Details: Use the promotion code PUMPKINDEAL to join Paper Pumpkin before August 31, 2013, and pay only $10 a month* for the first two months.
*plus tax, where applicable. Shipping included. Be sure to select me, Becky Roberts as your demonstrator.
Check out Paper Pumpkin right HERE.
 
I shared my Back to School Backpack Kit Tutorial with all my downline and look what  top 20 Artisan finalist Dani Dziama made with it.  Super cute all dressed up for Halloween!

 
 My downline Missy Sparrow made some darling backpacks for her kids back to school teacher gifts.  I love how she improvised with what she had for the flap on the backpack.  Super cute Missy!

 
Back to School Backpack kits now available.  You can order on the top right-hand sidebar.  Backpack details can be found HERE.
 

The new Holiday Catalog is now available and it's AWESOME!  Chocked full of Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas items plus 17 pages of creative ideas. Get inspired right HERE. 
 
View the new 2013-2014 Stampin' Up! catalog online, and please place your order right HERE.  Thank you! 

6 comments :

  1. Oh my goodness. All are so cute!! So many talented people out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so talented! Everything is beyond cute!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for that tutorial, I made some mini backpacks for my daughter's new teacher and all the teachers she has previously had, stuck in a few Ghirardelli chocolates and they all loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the tutorial Becky! I was inspired to make baby shower favors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! Going to use it to make some treats for my co-leaders in youth ministry! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really impressive post. I read it whole and going to share it with my social circules. I enjoyed your article and planning to rewrite it on my own blog. party toyz

    ReplyDelete